UgCS Developer program for custom solutions for your business
UgCS is the leading software for professional drone surveys. It supports a variety of drones from DJI to custom-built Ardupilot or Px4 and a wide range of mapping, industrial and public safety applications.
But what if your business requirements do not fit into the out-of-the-box functionality of UgCS?
For example, you wish to:
- use a drone which is not on the list of UgCS supported drones yet
- log drone telemetry to a corporate asset management system
- smoothly integrate drones into a security system to automatically respond intrusions or to plan regular patrols
- build a centralized dispatch software for the whole fleet working on a remote site
- add drone as another ordinary surveillance camera to a video management system
- integrate custom camera payload of a Pixhawk-based drone with a video server
- integrate drone to LTE/5G networks
- or plan many other applications scenarios…
All that can be achieved with a couple of software developers in your team*, who can leverage all the benefits of UgCS Enterprise as a development platform.
Updates of UgCS constantly introduces new expansion points for the software, helping to integrate it into more complex solutions.
Before analyzing in detail some cases how to use UgCS for diverse development and integration tasks, let’s have an overview of the UgCS architecture:
UgCS consists of components on the following layers
- client applications: Desktop client, Video Player, Custom Payload monitor
- server middleware: Control Server, Video Server, GeoServer
- drone adapters (on the ground): vehicle-specific modules (VSM)
- onboard modules: video encoder and streamer, onboard adapter for DJI Onboard SDK
The most asked question from developers is “When you say «server», is it in UgCS cloud?”
All components can be deployed in your infrastructure, either local servers, data center or private cloud.
Let’s proceed by analyzing some cases on how to use UgCS for diverse development and integration tasks
- I operate a drone which currently is not supported by UgCS out of the box.
- If you have the control protocol of the drone, - implement your own adapter using UgCS VSM examples https://github.com/ugcs/vsm-cpp-ardupilot and communication protocol with UgCS control server http://docs.ugcs.com/de/dcc/ucs_vsm_protocol_page.html
- It is required to log the drone's telemetry into an asset management system.
UgCS already has an open-source implementation of Dronelogbook integration https://github.com/ugcs/dronelogbook and it is possible to implement your own telemetry reader using UgCS .Net SDK https://github.com/ugcs/ugcs-dotnet-sdk/wiki.
- I have a security system and in case of security alarm the drone should fly to the incident location
UgCS .Net SDK https://github.com/ugcs/ugcs-dotnet-sdk/wiki allows to create and upload routes, send individual commands to drones and payloads. There is even a sample application that demonstrates basic concepts for a quick start https://github.com/ugcs/ugcs-dotnet-sdk/tree/master/UGCS.Example.
- How to stream video from the drone to a Video Management System (VMS)
- Use the optimized video stream from UgCS Video Server and transfer it to the required VMS. To get access to supporting libraries please fill the form [Request access]
- How to integrate the video stream into UgCS Video Server from Pixhawk-based drone with a gimbal and a camera
UgCS has video streaming libraries that also support georeferencing (MISB/Full Motion Video). To get access to supporting libraries please fill the form [Request access]
- How to integrate the drone into a LTE/5G network
- For Pixhawk-based drones use the source code for Ardupilot VSM https://github.com/ugcs/vsm-cpp-ardupilot or Px4 VSM https://github.com/ugcs/vsm-cpp-px4 compiled for NVidia Jetson Nano/Tx2 or Raspberry Pi.
For DJI drones use the adapter for DJI Onboard SDK. Please request more information [Request access]
Become a UgCS Developer
For more information register as a UgCS Developer and get the most recent updates about UgCS ecosystem's development [Register here].
*If you do not have developers in your team, SPH Engineering provides paid consultancy to speed up your development cycles with UgCS and also offers custom development services [Request a quote].
A brief summary of SDK options
|SDK||Call to action|
|Android mobile SDK||[Request information]|
|VSM C++ SDK||https://github.com/ugcs/vsm-cpp-ardupilot|
|Video streaming SDK||[Request information]|
|DJI Onboard SDK Adapter||[Request information]|