To fly DJI drones with UgCS desktop the mobile companion UgCS for DJI is required
- get the free UgCS for DJI app for Android >>>
get the free UgCS for DJI app for iOS >>> (The iOS version of UgCS for DJI doesn’t support LIDAR toolset of v.4.4. We recommend to use the Android version of UgCS for DJI.)
Release notes for UgCS v.4.4 (382) - hotfix #4
- Introduced the ability to create a LiDAR corridor from KMZ/KML.
- Camera profile for DJI Zenmus L1.
- [!no full support!] Vehicle profile for DJI Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced.
- Outer corner flight path changed for 'Corridor' and 'LiDAR corridor'.
- Export options for altitude when exporting a route as a KML:
- altitude 'relative to the first waypoint' = KML with this value allows to it into DJI Pilot or Autel Explorer.
- LiDAR corridor:
- The algorithm produced a wrong number of passes when 'Side distance' is provided directly but 'Camera' parameter is not empty.
- The algorithm produced double loops for some turns.
- Sometimes, visual artifacts (like a wavy line) were displayed near turn points.
Release notes for UgCS v.4.4 (337) - hotfix #3
- For DEMs with a resolution higher than 3 m, the flight path height calculated by UgCS may be not accurate enough. We added 'elevation.pathfindingResolution.default' parameter in 'ucs.properties' file. Reducing the value (default value is 3 meters) increases flight path height precision but takes more time to process the route.
- The 'Camera' parameter is now optional for 'Lidar Area' and 'Lidar Corridor' tools. If 'Camera' is provided then UgCS takes into account not only FOV of the LIDAR (provided in the 'FOV' parameter of the tool) but also FOV of the camera and chooses the smallest one. Otherwise, UgCS takes into account only FOV of the LIDAR.
- For 'Lidar Area' and 'Lidar Corridor' tools:
- The altitude on loops (added by the tools for sharp corners) may be less than the safe distance over terrain. From now on if a flight altitude on a loop is lower than the safe distance over terrain, UgCS doesn't add this loop to the flight path.
- The wrong length is displayed in the tooltip for segments with curved lines.
Duplicated warnings about max descent rate exceeded.
- Minor bug fixes.
Release notes for UgCS v.4.4 (273) - hotfix #2
- Issues with Corridor mapping and LIDAR corridor tools
- Sometimes altitude calculated in AMSL mode, did not ensure required GSD.
- Extra passes were created
- Path with AGL altitude did not correctly followed terrain
- Issue with calculated camera trigger interval (time/distance) which did not ensure required forward overlap.
- Issues with LIDAR area tool
- The upload of a route failed due to the error: "Corner radius must be in range from 0.2 to 1,000."
- The calculation of a route failed due to the error "Can't calculate coordinate for specified location."
- Issue with the calculation of a route due to error "Automatic calculation of camera trigger distance is not supported for this algorithm."
- Minor bug fixes.
Release notes for UgCS v.4.4 (235) - hotfix #1
- Corridor segments with photo camera ignored the set altitude type and generated all segments with AMSL.
Release notes for UgCS v.4.4 (232)
New tools for LIDAR surveying for UgCS ENTERPRISE license
(currently, supported for DJI M300, M600, M210/200 drones only)
- “Lidar area” and “Lidar corridor” tools, although look similar to “Photogrammetry” and “Corridor”, provide additional functionality unlocking the full potential of LIDAR surveying:
- loops on the turn, reducing shaking of the sensor;
- area buffer, improving coverage on area borders;
- an ability to specify side distance manually, or calculate it in UgCS based on the camera FOV and LIDAR’s FOV;
- the “Corner radius” parameter;
- visualization of curve lines of the flight path.
- The new command “Pattern” simplifies LIDAR calibration. It can be executed before/after executing a mission and at any time in the middle. UgCS supports the two most popular IMU calibration patterns: U-figure and Eight. You can change pattern size, altitude, and flight speed if required.
Note: The “Pattern” command and the “Corner radius” parameter require UgCS for DJI 2.30 or newer.
More new features
- An ability to control Parrot ANAFI with a joystick
- The calculation algorithm of Photogrammetry and Area Scan segments has been redesigned to avoid flying out of the polygon boundary.
- Important! If you update UgCS from a previous version, check your missions thoroughly for any changes!
- The flight path on overshoots has changed. From now on, decreasing the ground elevation on overshoots does not change the flight path above this area.
- Performance improvements.
- Toolbar icons updated.
- For all DJI vehicle profiles, the "Min distance between waypoints" parameter has been increased to 1 meter.
- The error ‘Could not parse the KML file’ occurred when importing a KML file with multiple layers.
- Minor bug fixes.
UgCS Video Tutorials & Webinars
Check out more How To Tutorials & Webinars on UgCS Youtube channel »»»