How to use DJI simulator with UgCS
- Turn on the laptop with an installed UgCS desktop
- Turn on the Android mobile device with installed UgCS for DJI on it
- Create a WiFi access point on the Android mobile device
- Connect your laptop to the created WiFi access point
- Run UgCS
- Remove propellers of the drone
- Turn on the drone
- Turn on the drone’s Remote Controller (RC)
- Connect the RC with the Android mobile device
- If the UgCS for DJI doesn’t start automatically, launch it
- When the connection with the drone has been established, check that the UCS indicator of UgCS for DJI is green and that UgCS desktop is displaying telemetry of the drone
- In UgCS for DJI choose MENU and check the Simulator’s checkbox
- A warning to remove drone’s propellers will be displayed, click OK
- Now GPS data will be transferred (by default the drone will be placed at the Spilve airport in Riga, Latvia)
- Check that the drone is in DISARM status and upload the route to the drone. Upon successful upload, the drone will be placed on the first waypoint / Home location of your mission
- To start the simulation of the flight, start motors by pulling both throttles (control sticks) to the inner-bottom corners – UgCS telemetry will display “Arm”. (The drone engines should not start, but for safety reasons, it is recommended to remove propellers.)
- IMPORTANT!!! Raise the drone a few meters up (left stick up, RC should be in MODE 2).
- Click “Auto Mode” and accept the command in either UgCS or UgCS for DJI – the drone should start the mission.
In the simulation mode, it is possible to follow the flight of the drone in UgCS and control whether pictures are taken according to the route’s settings (if turn type “Stop & Turn” is in use).